PEPAICO project: Preparing Entrepreneurs and Professionals to Artificial Intelligences’s Challenges and Opportunities
Logroño, La Rioja, Spain. 3 August 2022
According to International Data Corporation, the global artificial intelligence market is expected to have a compound annual growth rate of 17 % to reach 250 billion euros in 2027.
The ability of individuals to use the technological advances for the benefit of their work requires developing digital skills through well designed policies. This underlines the importance of using appropriate instruments to ensure that workers are well prepared to harness the disruptive forces of digital technologies.
PEPAICO has as overall goal to alleviate this barrier by providing students, professionals and entrepreneurs with the knowledge allowing them to face the challenges posed by artificial intelligence and exploit the opportunities it creates in terms of careers or businesses. To that end, the project will achieve the following objectives:
- Characterise the advantages, drawbacks, opportunities, and threats brought by each type of technologies on employability, career, and business.
- Specify and develop a modular methodology blending in-person teaching and distance learning to train students, employed and unemployed professionals and aspiring and confirmed entrepreneurs on artificial intelligence along with tools to monitor and assess the trainees’ progress.
- Develop a face-to-face training course on artificial intelligence combining theoretical knowledge, practical skills, and gamification.
- Construct a distance learning platform on artificial made up of adapted as well as specifically developed online contents and a micro-learning application.
- Promote a generation of graduates, professionals, and entrepreneurs well-aware of and well trained on artificial intelligence with the message than well tackled, artificial intelligence can lead to employability improvement, career boosting and business opportunities.
The project is made up of four intellectual outputs (IO) producing activities:
- IO1: Impacts of artificial intelligence on employability, career, and business
- IO2: Pedagogical methodology
- IO3: Learning content development
- IO4: Distance learning platform and micro-learning application
And there are two additional activity packages (AP):
- AP5: Dissemination and exploitation
- AP6: Consortium coordination and project management
As a result, PEPAICO will produce:
- A mapping of the impacts of each artificial intelligence technology on each industrial sector, job and position.
- A pedagogical methodology for modular blended learning aimed at determining the artificial intelligence topic to be taught to students, professionals, and entrepreneurs according to their background, industrial sector, situation, and aspiration as well as needs and expectations.
- A set of modules to be taught in face-to-face sessions.
- A distance learning platform aimed at allowing learners to access to a wide range of training contents including among others online courses, market forecasts, business cases, technological trends, and best practices.
- A micro learning application allowing learners to: i) self-train on artificial intelligence knowledge and skills; ii) find information with the assistance of artificial intelligence; iii) network with other learners.
- A website presenting artificial intelligence issues notably, but not exclusively in terms of business and jobs, the project objectives, content, and partners as well as the Erasmus+ programme.
- Three multiplier events held in Finland, France, and Spain to present the project outcomes, discuss their scientific and pedagogical relevance, and promote their take-up at the academic as well as business level.
The total grant for the project is 398.752 euros.
Partners: Institut de preparation a L’administration et a la gestion (FR), Universidad Internacional de La Rioja, S.A (ES), Lappeenrannan-Lahden Teknillinen Yliopsisto Lut (FN), Innogate to Europe (ES), NBI-Not a Bad Idea Oy (FN)
Time span: 2021-2024
Funding type: European public