The overall objective of ESPAQ project is to strengthen the quality assurance (QA) processes and practices in the Armenian higher education by ensuring the involvement of all the stakeholders, especially the students – the key beneficiaries.
Specific Project Objectives:
• Empower students to participate in QA on the level of designing processes and implementing procedures;
• Foster Quality Culture at students’ and staff level in the HEIs, through building understanding and insight about the process of change and the key drivers that make for successful change in practice;
• Create a sustainable structure on the national level to improve students’ participation in quality assurance, encourage peer learning and better visibility of their actions to the wider academic community;
• Promote the project and its outcomes and to ensure its sustainability and wide acceptance among all the stakeholders (also outside Armenia, i.e. in the Neighbouring countries).
Enhancing the Student Participation in Quality Assurance in Armenia project is addressing to the following national priorities:
1) Support the introduction of QA in Armenia
2) University management and services for students.
Key objective of the project is to strengthen the quality assurance processes and practices in the Armenian higher education by ensuring the involvement of all the stakeholders, especially the students and thus contributing to improving the QA in Armenian HE.
ESPAQ contributes to enhancing the QA in Armenian HE by ensuring equal contribution of all the stakeholders especially the involvement of students which are key beneficiary of the educational process through providing recognised QA student experts.
ESPAQ PROJECT PARTNERS AS CONSORTIUM MEMBERS:
- University of Macerata(IT) – UNIMC
- The National Union of Students in Europe (BE) – ESU/ESIB
- Universidad Internacional de La Rioja (ES) – UNIR
- Spiru Haret University (RO) – SHU
- National Union of Students Scotland – NUSS (UK) – SPARQS
- Armenian State University of Economics (AM) – ASUE
- Armenian State Pedagogical University after Khachatur Abovyan (AM) – ASPU
- Yerevan State Academy of Fine Arts (AM) – YSAFA
- State Engineering University of Armenia(Polytechnic) (AM) – SEUA
- National University of Architecture and Construction of Armenia (AM) – NUACA
- Armenian National Student’s Association (AM) – ANSA
- National Center for Professional Education QA Foundation (AM) – ANQA
- Ministry of Education and Science (AM) – MoES
The partnership consortium is designed to fit the objectives and desired outcomes of the ESPAQ project. Consortium covers two levels: key actors on the national level, which are the Ministry of Higher Education and Research in AM (can encourage legislative changes), National Quality Assurance Agency in AM (responsible for designing and implementing QA procedures), five Higher education institutions in AM (different types – arts, polytechnics, economics, architecture and constructions and pedagogy). The valorization of the project outcomes will be ensured by ANSA – National students’ union in Armenia, which is a full member of ESU and has an experience with bringing students experience in TEMPUS projects. However if in other projects, ANSA has had little say in the process of preparing the project, planning its activities, in ESPAQ designing it was directly involved and the interests of students are the core ones and the project itself responds the direct needs.
More info about Espaq partnership
News from the project:
Students from Armenia visiting UNIR at Madrid
Read more at: