Mapping the Evolving Digital Inclusion landscape to support Cohesion and Integration
MEDICI is a two-year European project, which aims to map and share practices integrating vulnerable and disadvantaged groups in the digital society across 27 EU Member States and UK.
MEDICI has been promoted by the European Parliament and is cofunded by the European Commission because they believe that being digitally included is a right, not a privilege. It is a PILOT project managed by DG Connect, from Luxembourg
In the context of MEDICI, the following people are considered vulnerable:
- People with disabilities
- Elderly people
- Marginalised young people and children
The objectives of MEDICI project are:
- To identify areas where no initiatives exist to tackle digital exclusion and where vulnerable people are therefore more at risk of exclusion.
- To help different stakeholders to become aware of what already has been developed and implemented and use the experience of the existing tools at local/national and European levels.
- To support stakeholders to put more efforts in areas that are clearly identified as gaps, with little or no ongoing initiatives to tackle exclusion, fostering information exchange among public, private and civil society sectors.
- To avoid duplication of efforts, and to use and consolidate existing knowledge and experience to better integrate vulnerable communities in Europe.
In short, MEDICI project facilitates and supports the exchange of knowledge and the replication of good practices among the actors involved in the e-inclusion ecosystem, in the hope of contributing to closing the “digital divide” that particularly affects vulnerable groups in society through the development of:
- A network of ICT infrastructures supporting the interactive catalogue and maps.
- A brand-new knowledge community.
- Evaluation & replication tools supported by learning materials.
Partners: Universidad Internacional de La Rioja (UNIR), Tavistock Instute of Human Relations (TIHR), Catholic University of Portugal, Centro de Estudos dos Povos e Culturas de Expressão Portuguesa (CEPCEP), Smart Bananas s.c.r.l (SB), KETHEA (KETH), DIESIS Co-op (DIESIS).
Further information and outcomes:
Reference: 2018. Ag. nº LC-00943537
Time span: 2018-2021