Contribute to quality education participating in “Call for code. Education Innovation case competition”
Logroño, La Rioja, Spain. 16 September 2021
Call for Code. Education Innovation case competition goes under the slogan “Bringing students together to design solutions that make Education a right, not a privilege” and it will take place from September until December.
Equal and equitable access to quality education is one of the greatest challenges facing global society. Some aspects like the economic status, the location, the race, the gender, can contribute to obtain different results of the opportunities that education provides. Obviously, the COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted even more some of these aspects.
Technology can help to solve this issues and that is why this competition is looking for innovative solutions to make quality education a right, not a privilege.
Judges will take into consideration different aspects as relevancy and impact, design and feasibility, innovation and originality or compelling storytelling.
The initiative has a fund of 37,000 USD to be distributed among the awarded teams. The winners will be announced on December 7th.
- Registration: September 30-November 11
- Challenge: design an innovative technology solution that addresses a problem aligned to achieving accessible and equitable quality education
- Competition theme: “a future of education that ensures accessible and equitable quality education and promotes lifelong learning opportunities for all”, inspired by the United Nations Sustainable development goal 4
- Prizes: Grand prize (20,000 USD), Runner up prize (10,000 USD), 2nd Runner up prize (5,000 USD), Gamification prize (2,000 USD prize pool).
- Partners: David Clark Cause (creator), IBM (founding partner), Clinton Global initiative University (program affiliate), The Linux Foundation (program affiliate)
More info at: Call for Code Education Innovation Case Competition