ESIT-03: TELSOCK (Technology-enhanced Learning & Social Networks)
a) To become a national reference amongst online universities, with a clear expansion towards Latin America
b) To participate actively in European and international Research projects, with knowledgeable partners who provide high quality research activities, along with results leading to actual implementation
To this extent, TELSOCK Research Group works on a number of research lines, which are mutually complementary:
• Adaptive and Collaborative Learning, that takes into account the various input data and actors in the educational process and recommends learning itineraries, interfaces and contents.
• Learning analytics, focused on the storage, and analysis of data provided by students, teachers and other members of the educational community using Learning Management Systems, Social Networks and user interaction. Learning analytics aims at increasing the user performance and other learning criteria
• Design, publishing and distribution of digital multimedia and interactive contents.
• Online educational games and simulations, which allow for a full integration into learning systems
• Implementation of multiplatform and multi-device learning resources and methods: mobile devices, video game consoles, ipTV, et cetera
• eLearning standards, interoperability and systems integration, which aim at encouraging the reuse of contents and processes and the compatibility between systems and notations
• Social learning and learning networks, which promotes the experience based on users rather than institutions, in the relation between users and their contributions, as well as in the interaction between both
• Ubiquitous learning, integrated in daily life and at work.
• Visual environments for user model authoring, and content authoring, easy to use for non-experts and with a conceptual design of high level.
• Use, modification, implementation and evaluation of ICTs in the classroom, with a special focus on didactics, learning strategies and teaching methods.
Videocast (in Spanish):
Research Public Projects:
|Edumotion, Education on the Move – Mobile access to educational content (2012-2014, GA: 315568, FP7-Research4SME). EDUMOTION considers the relevance of location-based experiences for education. It develops a software platform for informal learning, based on field experience.|
|Hotel, Holistic Approach to Technology Enhanced Learning (2012-2014, GA: 318530, FP7-ICT). The HOTEL Support Action aims to contribute to more effective, holistic and faster innovation cycles in European TEL, focusing on the design, testing and validation of a new innovation working method.|
|Intuitel, Intelligent Tutoring Interface for Technology Enhanced Learning (2012-2015, GA: 318496, FP7-ICT). The objective of INTUITEL is to enhance state-of-the-art e-learning content and Learning Management Systems (LMS) with features that so far have been provided only by human tutors.|
|EU-USR, Comparative Research on University Social Responsibility in Europe and Development of a Community Reference Framework (2012-2014, GA: 527209, LLP). The EU-USR project aims to foster the creation of the European Area of Higher Education by developing a common European Framework for Universities Social Responsibility.|
|Inspiring Science Education, Large Scale Experimentation Scenarios to Mainstream eLearning in Science, Mathematics and Technology in Primary and Secondary Schools (2013-2016, CIP). Large Scale Experimentation Scenarios to Mainstream eLearning in Science, Mathematics and Technology, in Primary and Secondary Schools.|
|Virtual Mobility Passport, Implementing Recognition of Virtual Mobility and OER Learning through a Learning Passport (Lifelong Learning Programme–Erasmus-EAC/S07/12. The VM Pass project aims to increase inter-institutional recognition of Virtual Mobility and Open Education based learning.|
|eMundus, Fostering international Higher Education collaboration through ICT and open education (Erasmus Mundus – Promotion Projects-EACEA/38/12, Grant Agreement: 2013-2508/001-001). The eMundus project aims to strengthen cooperation and awareness among Higher Education Institutions worldwide by exploring the potential of Open Approaches to support long term, balanced, inter-cultural academic partnership for improving learning and teaching through Open Education approaches.|
Research Projects, funded by UNIR:
• LIME (Learning, Interaction, Mentoring, Evaluation. A model for personalised, informal learning)
• A4Learning (Alumni-Alike Activity Analytics)
• Digital Educa (Universities facing ICTs’ impact)
• Open Educators Factory stems from the assumption that true progress in open education requires changes in practice and policy which is grounded on a change in education culture, and considers that teachers are the cornerstones for any cultural change in education
UNIR is involved in several national and international organizations sharing the same areas of action with TELSOCK group:
- Technology Enhanced Learning European Advanced Research Consortium (TELEARC, France)
- European Association of Technology Enhanced Learning (EATEL, United Kingdom)
- Asociación Española de eLearning (TELspain, Spain)
- European Distance and E-Learning Network (EDEN, UK)
- Rede TELGalicia (Spain)
Related academic programmes at UNIR:
- Master of Science in eLearning and Social Networks
- Master of Science in Website Engineering
- Master of Science in Visual Analytics and Big Data
- Master of Science in Apps Development
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Personalized Education
- Master of Science in Accessible Technologies
Other research lines at UNIR, related:
Descriptors: informal, ubiquitous and personalized learning, recommendation, learning analytics, mobile technologies and ipTV, social and learning networks, ICT in education
Director: Prof. Dr. Daniel Burgos
Definition: TELSOCK (Technology-enhanced Learning & Social Networks) concentrates in Technology-enhanced Learning and Social Networks. A big part of its activities and initiatives aims at strengthening UNIR’s leading position in national and European eLearning settings.