Special issue in Educational Technology & Society. Call for papers on Computational Thinking
Special Issue «Integration of Technology to Advance Computational Thinking Education» at Educational Technology & Society (JCR-indexed, highly ranked journal)
This Special Issue (SI) aims to advance the theoretical and practical knowledge related to the use of technology for CT in education. Research (including case studies, empirical studies, design-based research, design-based implementation research, and theoretical papers) on the following topics (but not limited to) across different educational levels (e.g., primary, secondary, etc.) and types (e.g., formal, informal, etc.) are welcome:
- Design and implementation of CT tools and technologies
- Educational technologies and tools for CT development.
- Educational technologies and tools for CT assessment
- Educational technology and innovative instructional approaches as related to CT and teachers’ education and training
- CT for STEM education
- Motivational and other issues related to learning CT, and at how these might differ across age groups, gender, etc.
- Professional development of teachers and educators to do CT education
- Development of curricula for CT education
- CT development using educational robots and physical devices
- Ahmed Tlili. Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University, China
- Daniel Burgos. Universidad Internacional de La Rioja (UNIR), Spain
- Chee-Kit Looi. National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Extended to March, 2022